Comprehensive Eye Exams
Your eyes are a complex part of the body and need to be taken care of. While nothing may appear to be wrong, some eye diseases can go unnoticed in the initial stages. To assess the health of your eyes and help you catch any problems early on, we offer comprehensive eye exams in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Why You Should Get a Comprehensive Eye Exam
While a vision screening test or a routine eye exam can identify basic vision problems, it may miss eye problems until emergency eye care is needed. A comprehensive eye examination assesses your vision as well as your eye health. These tests may help you detect issues before they become serious and allow your doctor to offer preventative care. In contrast, a routine eye examination could overlook the presence of some of these problems.
Our eye exams in Council Bluffs and Omaha include checking your eyes for:
- Nearsightedness or farsightedness
- Eye alignment problems (binocular vision)
- Lazy eye (amblyopia)
- Crossed eyes (strabismus)
- Focusing problems
- Diabetic retinopathy
Along with assessing your eye health, a full eye examination may be able to detect other health concerns such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
Our Eye Exams Tests
During your eye exam, we will complete a series of different tests to get the full scope of your eye health and care needs.
Our eye exams in Omaha and Council Bluffs may include:
- A refraction test or a basic vision test to determine what prescription you need.
- A visual acuity test to assess how well you can see from a distance.
- A cover test to examine how each eye works independently.
- A visual field test to detect abnormalities or eye problems obstructing your field of vision.
- A slit lamp exam to detect common eye diseases or abnormalities.
- A tonometry test or glaucoma test to measure the pressure within the eye and check for glaucoma.
- An ophthalmoscopy to examine the back of the eye and other eye structures.
- Dilating the pupils to get a better look at certain eye structures.
Together, these eye exams will give your eye doctor an extensive look at your eye health and any actions needed for their care.
Don’t Wait to Get an Eye Exam
Your eyes are an important part of your overall health and should not be neglected. The American Optometric Association recommends an annual eye exam, especially for people who wear glasses or contacts. Those with health concerns that may impact their eye health or vision may want to schedule more frequent eye exams.
At Ideal EyeCare, we not only offer eye exams in Omaha and Council Bluffs but also can help you with your vision and eye health needs. Contact us today to schedule your appointment or to learn more about our various services.